Wednesday 14 March 2012

How to work out your Maf heart rate using a treadmill

I would advise you to jog at 180-age-5 for a few days until you feel as fresh as a daisy.You might want to get someone to help you.I found holding my Garmin in order to click the lap button was best as sometimes looking down could drop my pulse.Warm up is very important

Good Luck!!

1.Set your treadmill to kilometers per hour and 1% incline

2.Take at least 30 mins to warm up to MAF-20 ie 180-age-20.Make sure you are at MAF-20 at the start of the test

3.Start test

4.Every 10 secs click the lap button and increase the speed by 1 kph

5.Keep going until at least MAF+20 and  more if you're feeling fine ,head towards maximum heart rate  at your own risk!

6.Warm down

This is  my graph




















3 comments:

  1. Wow, I thought MAF test was totally different.
    I followed this: http://philmaffetone.com/maftest.cfm
    So, I just run at MAF and count my lap splits per km each time to see how much faster I am per km.

    I'm so glad you started blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Franc I didnt make title clear.This protocol is to determine your actual maf heart rate (180-age) I am (180-51-5=24) although doc P now say -10 if on medication.On the graph above you can see the first spike starts at roughly 124

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! I just ran with Dr. P's, no pun intended!

    ReplyDelete